Friday 20 April 2012

My Easy bread.

Hello  this is day one of my blog! (Forgive my english)!
I just want to share one of my passions with you: cooking!
I'm in Canada right now but i'm Italian, i love to cook and eat, so i just want to
share some of my "famous" recipes so you too can enjoy food in a easy delicious way!
I will start with a great recipes for bread.


It is really hard to find a good loaf of bread here in my town so i had to come up with my
own easy recipe...
I'm a mother of 2 so i didn't want to spend all day home punching dough etc..
So i came across some no-knead bread recipes and i have adjusted them to get the taste that i like.
This method  is really amazing , it works every time .
I usually use 2 types of flour but you can use any flour you like.
Here is the recipe

3 cups of flour (i use 1 1/2 c unbleached flour and 1 1/2 c multigrain flour)
2 tsp salt
1 TBLSP agave (if you don't have agave you can use honey or sugar)
1 TBLSP olive oil
1/2 tsp yeast
11/4 cup warm water

Mix all the ingredient together in a plastic or glass container , not a metal one!
Make sure that all the flour is mixed, and that's it! Loosely cover and let it be.
Let it  stay over night.
In the morning put some flour on your counter  or table and put the dough on it,
stretch it out and then fold it in 4 and then shape it
 if you want a round loaf make a ball and put it on a pie plate or you can put it in a regular loaf pan.
I always brush the containers with a little bit of oil  and dust them with a little bit of flour, just to prevent sticking!
Let rise for 2 hours, until is nice and puffy, preheat oven at 450.
I always like to brush some seeds on top of my loaf  and put a few cuts with a sharp knife, it makes it look pretty.
Put it in the oven for 30 min until nice and golden.
Let it cool on a rack before you slice it.
 I will post some pics for you to give you an idea.
mix ingredient
let it stay over night
in the morning should look like this
stretch and fold



shape and let rise
brush some seeds and slice
enjoy your bread :)

2 comments:

  1. This bread looks awesome. Can't wait to give it a try. Iris's stuff is always great, and her recipes always work for me and my wife, so I recommend giving it a try if it appeals to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mate;) you are so nice!
    Let me know it you try it...
    ... Cheers....

    ReplyDelete